Friday, February 6, 2009

5 things to bestow upon Ryan & Jack

Yes, baby #2 will be a boy. Woohoo! Of course I had a choice on what the sex was, I just chose boy so that Ogdens can slowly but surely dominate the world. Besides, look how awesome Doug and I are. . . well, look how awesome I am.

Anyway, I've been thinking about what's important to pass down to my two boys. Obviously they are smart, but good taste isn't always nature, sometimes it's nurture.

Here are some things I feel are important for them to learn in order to be on the road to awesomeness.

1)Good Gin



Beefeater's will not cut it. My sons will drink good gin and like it. Besides, it's good with tonic or cheerios.

2)Criterion Films


And none better to start with than Seven Samurai. Seven Samurai is one of the greatest samurai films of all time, if not one of the best films of all time. Thanks to Criterion, I can show my sons real cinema like L'avventura, 8 1/2, Wages of Fear. Ryan and Jack will be so snobby that when their friends ask them if they've seen Star Wars episode I, my sons will punch them in the face, no questions asked.

3)Oasis


The greatest band there is. How could my sons ever learn to be rockstars if they don't listen to Oasis? Well, I'm a good dad so I will teach them to be supersonic.

4)The Bible



You may think to yourself "What does the bible have to do with the other three on the list?" Well, they don't really. I believe that nobody can be a real man (or be saved) unless they read and understand this book.

5)Stephen Colbert


Politics can be real ugly and eventually my sons will be old enough to make decisions on their own. Navigating through what's right (Colbert) and what's wrong (Rush, Hannity, Beck) can be tricky. It's important to teach them that if someone disagrees with their political view, that someone is wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Complete understanding of the business domain and proper usage of the resources is the key to success. Automatic debit reduces the processing costs of your insurance payments., dr buttar protocol. A talented person must keep learning so as to remain relevant as much as possible. network security review