Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Battlestar Galactica is awesome, which is why Dayton needs to start watching it

Meet my friend Dayton



He is a rock star, a husband and a great dad, and he's been my friend for 10 years. I stayed with him and his fam last year when I was in town for a wedding (Trevor's) and we got to hang out and do some old traditions (drink caribou coffee) and new traditions (drink beer and buy Petra songs online). It was awesome.

What was not so awesome is when I told him "You have to watch the new Battlestar Galactica. It's Awesome" and he said screw you hippy, I don't watch nerd things like that. (I may be paraphrasing . . .)

Well, I'm here to start a campaign to get Dayton to start watching one of the best written shows on TV.

Dayton, just between you and me, here are 3 reasons why you should watch this show.

1)I don't steer people wrong.
I told my friend Eddie, who is an avid Lost watcher, "You have to watch Battlestar Galactica." Unlike you, he tried it out and became hooked. He finished the mini-series in the first day, the first season in a couple days, and within two weeks finished season 2 and 3. Dayton, I know you love Lost, trust me, you'll love Battlestar.

2)The show redefines the sci-fi genre
The show deals with the conflict of a monotheistic and polytheistic society, it deals with racism and prejudice, and takes the best part of space exploration and makes it look cool.

3)In the future, everyone's hot. (I thank Mary for point #3)
That's right, nobody's ugly on this show. It's comforting to know that our future is full of hot women in red dresses and, well, I can't remember what else is important.

So, my challenge to you is to watch the Mini-series. How do I get the mini-series you ask? Well, I will send it to you to watch. It's only 3 hours. If by the end, you don't like it, I won't hate you. At least you tried.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Screw you hippy! I don't watch nerd stuff like that. Ok, seriously, if you are going to take the time to dedicate an entire blog to lobbying for me to watch the show, I will give it a shot. And when I tell you after watching it that it still reminds me of Stargate Atlantis, I hope we can still be friends. FYI, we've been friends for 12 years not 10. You do give a compelling argument so even though I did delete it from my Netflix(which I no longer have) I will watch it if you send it to me. Just so everyone else knows, I don't have the awesome mustache anymore. Maybe I should bring it back.

Geoff said...

That was easy.
But seriously, Who watches BSG? People who live in their parents basements, thats who!

Anonymous said...

Jim Halpert:Question. What kind of bear is best?

Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.

Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.

Dwight Schrute: Well, that's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought...

Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Mary said...

Frack you, Geoff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mar :(