Monday, January 14, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum



This is the second of five films that impacted me in 2007.

Typically, I usually run from my past. Bourne runs towards it. Granted he did get shot in the back, acquired amnesia, and had no idea who he was.

The thing I liked about this movie is that, in the end, becoming an assassin was his choice. Bourne was hoping someone turned him into this killing machine by force. No, it was by choice, and because of his choice, it has led him to a life of running. Who hasn't made bad choices where the consequences follow them?

I also love the action sequences, editing, and camera work. How awesome was the Waterloo station scene?

The Bourne Ultimatum was a great film and deserves a second viewing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love when you actually praise a film (or anything for that matter...TV show, album, song etc) instead of ripping it a new one. It's very refreshing, especially when I happen to agree with you. I thought Bourne Ultimatum was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Screenplay-wise, I liked how they started the movie before the end of the last one and then brought us up to speed. The only thing I wished was different was that the sappy romantic chick side of me wanted more to happen between Bourne and Julia Styles character which they only hinted at. Oh well. You can't always have everything you want. I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of the film on your impact list like Spiderman 3. Oh wait...