Sunday, January 13, 2008

Teaching Ryan to Pray

It's amazing how fast Ryan learns. I see his eyes absorb everything that surrounds him and I am in awe of what God can do with life. It's been said to me many times that you can never start to early when teaching Ryan about Christ and how to live like Him. One thing that we've been doing is praying before meals. Right before we eat, we let Ryan grab our first finger, bow our heads, and pray thanking God for our food. We have been doing that enough now where Ryan instinctively reaches out to grab our fingers to pray. He squeezes our fingers, watching us pray and when we say "amen", Ryan nods his head and says "eeh" (which for him is amen:).

How cool is that? I hope that Ryan can imitate more good things like that. You never feel like a perfect parent, but I can always keep trying.

No comments: