Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lost: Almost home (Spoilers)

Last season finale I tried to guess what may happened and I was wrong on all levels. So, when at first you don't succeed . . .

1)Who's in the coffin?

Well, for a long time I've been saying it's Sawyer, mainly because it would be so nice to guess right about something in the show and have that guess be relevent to the story in some way. However, the more that I think about that the more I feel Sawyer's death would be just a means to an end. My guess is that Alvar Hanso in the coffin.

Here's why.

Jack is a man of Science and Locke is a man of faith. I believe Charles Widmore is a man of Science and Ben is a man of faith. If Charles and Ben are in a big game of risk, there are some people who will have to be sacrificed in order to win the battle for the island. Alvar Hanso, man of science, desiring to conduct experiments on the island, hired by Widmore, and not a man of "faith". Ben, knowing this, is charged with protecting the island rids Alvar of his life. Of course, I don't know how or why, but who does really?

2)Why does Jack go to the viewing?

Now that Widmore knows where the island is, Alvar Hanso knows where it is too assuming the hanso foundation is funded by Widmore. In an attempt to help get people off the island (because I believe he knows who Ben is and what he is capable of), Alvar Hanso tries to help Jack and the oceanic 6 get off. I think the oceanic 6 will meet Alvar before they all get on a plane together. Perhaps he's the one who tells them to lie.

3)The question of Walt.

It breaks my heart to think that someone would take a kid from his father and never quite tell him why. Now that I am a dad I can understand some of the emotions Michael is going through. That's why I hope there will be some sort of story progress in regards to Walt. At this point, no reason has been good enough for why Ben took Walt, or Jacob or anyone. The payoff for Walt's story has to be so good that it excuses why he was a prisoner for so long.

4)Who will die?
I say Jack. If your going to be wrong, be wrong all the way.

1 comment:

Ben and Alli said...

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. But hey...there is always next season.

I guess this is why we aren't the writers of the show.

But I do have one thing to say. I have a theory about all things media. When you need to make something even better...monkeys and midgets. My question is this. They are on a freaking tropical island, right? So how come we haven't seen any monkeys? Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. Horses...yes. By how come no monkeys?

All I'm sayin' is "Wouldn't it have been cool if Charlie had a little monkey on his shoulder while he wrote songs on the beach?" I mean, come one. That would be AWESOME!

Ben