Thursday, November 1, 2007

You'd think Christians had enough problems

Christians who actually follow Jesus (not those who believe in Bush, War on terror, then maybe Jesus) work so hard to live a life of example. We try to advise people on where to go when they are emotionally hurt, we try to love the sinner and not the sin, and we try to avoid judging other. Then I see something like this:


And I feel like "why do I even get up in the morning?" I don't know how anyone outside of christianity takes us serious. I weep for what Ryan has to put up with. I need a drink . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh BABY, I wanna read with ya, cause your bible has pictures. Ha ha. But then again he's ruining a classic. Sheesh!

Ben

fred said...

thanks for the ab work-out.

Anonymous said...

I personally like the pantomimed whip crack at the very end. Was that really necessary? I've seen this before and it hasn't gotten any less ridiculous. Thanks for the shot about Bush. You just had to jab that in there. If I didn't know you better I would think you were a cynical liberal bastard...actually that seems about right :) Once again I play the "friendsfor11years" trump card. That means I get to say pretty much whatever I want and we remain friends. Plus I'm always right. So that helps.

Phil said...

I am not a cynical liberal bastard. Only a cynical bastard. There's a difference. BTW, I don't hate Bush. I don't like when Christians replace Jesus with Bush.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification. I don't like that either. Since when did politics and religion get so hard to separate? You should blog on that article I just sent you.

Anonymous said...

That was me just now. I forgot to write my name. I'm not anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how much of what Dayton said was sarcasm, but supposing (just momentarily) it wasn't, it's a typical response these days. Someone makes a great point about politics and religion, and instead of engaging in dialogue about it the other side just resorts to labeling and name-calling. With regard to what Dayton said, I'll assume the best by believing just a sharp satyrical quip.