Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Three things that really bother me about Myspace users

I have a Myspace account. I debated a long time before I signed up because I felt like it was just for kids in high school. Turns out it isn't. I did find people I went to high school with, get updated photos from my brother in Portland, and keep up with friends.

However. . .

There are 3 things that send my anger to the stratosphere when it comes to people and their myspace page:

1)The music on your page - Unless you are actually in a band promoting your music, stop it with your crappy music. No one cares if you like Good Charlotte or Delilah. Seriously, if I wanted to hear bad music I would listen to the radio. If you want to have music, try silence. It's better than anything you're listening to.

2)Graphics on your page - Honestly, how much shit can you cram into your graphic design? Really, do you have to have a animated monkey along with your posters of Scarface? How about your 10 pictures of you on a photo slide along with thomas kincade paintings on top of zig zag wallpaper. It's all a little too much, don't you think? Nope you don't, because you post like 10,000 youtube videos on top of all that background. Just stop it!

3)Bulletins on your page - Surveys = Forwards, and no one cares about forwards. Maybe once in a while they're fun . . .oh wait, no they're not. Turns out if no one comments on your survey, or responds to your survey, it does not give you licence to send out 1200 more. Just stop it, seriously.

So I think what I'm trying to say is: excess . . .not so much.

Oh yeah, I forgot, have a nice day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone is in a ranting mood lately...hormone levels on the rise?

The biggest problem with myspace is that no one ever relaly looks at what it looks like from the outsiders perspective. They only see their innerworkings part so they have no idea how it comes off.

By the way, there is a setting where you can make it so sites don't start playing music when you visit it. I don't remember how to do it but I did it a LOOOONG time ago...get with the program!

Lisa said...

Hmmm, yes, I agree with the ranting. Because of same issues, I don't even use myspace anymore (I think it is more of a high school tool) and just use facebook now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.